Improvisation & VOPA Course
Would you like to learn how to improvise in different styles by playing around with harmonies without thinking too much, but you are not sure how to do that?
In this workshop you will have the opportunity to create and perform melodies using an approach based on “making music in the moment” without using music sheets.
You will practice harmonic progressions and learn how to build melodies in different styles, how to spontaneously respond to musical inputs and how to improve vocally as a singer.
You will also get to know basic principals of Vocal Painting sign language (VOPA) and create improvised songs together as a group.
By working in a safe space of a restricted group of participants you will be able to jump out of your comfort zone and learn more about what you are able to do with your creativity and your innate musicality. Just come along and sing!
Conductor: Lidia Campanale
Note: You are welcome to try out a first session by booking in advance through our website.
Winter Semester dates:
- Kick off weekend session September 20st, 21st & 22nd
- Thu, October 10th 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thu, October 17th 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thu, October 31st 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thu, November 21st 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thu, November 28th 7:00-8.:15 pm
- Thu, December 5th 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thu, December 12th 7:00-8:15 pm
- Wed, December 18th 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thu, January 9th 7:00-8:15 pm
Sing with us impro performance (date to be announced)