V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir
V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir
You already have choir and singing experience and are looking for a group of like-minded people who are just as interested in really good “vocal pop” as you are? The whole thing on an advanced level and with a lot of possibilities to let off steam in singing – from big concerts with professional light & sound technology, to flash mobs up to singing weeks & ensemble projects… And not to forget – besides all the good music the community should not miss out either?
Then our “V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir” is perfect for you!
The V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir is our biggest choir with currently about 100 singers who are working on their vocal pop arts at an advanced level. Groove and fun are definitely very important here – although a certain amount of personal commitment is also required.
In the coming semester SS 2020 these highlights will be on our schedule:
- Choir-Weekend March 2020
- V.O.I.C.E Summer Concerts
- music video project
- flash mob
Auditions / Dates
The registration for the summer semester of 2020 is open!
- Mo, 24.02.2020 (19:00-21:00)
- We, 26.02.2020 (18:00-19:30)
First rehearsal: Mo, 02.03.2020 (19:00)
Application deadline: 8th March 2020
Prepare a pop- or jazzsong. You can choose your accompaniment: a-Capella, with piano (bring a leadsheet with chords) or karaoke (to play on available Bluetooth speaker). Register to the audition- we’re excited to meet you!
Direction: Mag. Karin Wagner
Rehearsals: Mon, 19:00 hrs
Places available from March 2020: approx. 1x soprano; 1x alto; 3x tenor; 3x bass
What we offer you:
- Versatile Pop & Jazz-Repertoire – self-made songs & arrangements, some cooperations with well-respected bands and artists
- Constitutive work with a consistent group
- Production of music videos
- Professional sound and video recording
- Concerts with professional staging, sound- and light engineering
- Performances and visits of national and international festivals
- Reduced prices for our workshops
- Community & platform for vocal Pop& Jazz in every possible way
Prerequisites for attending:
- Experience as a singer – it does not matter whether you’ve been in a choir, an ensemble, a band or have sung solo
- Willingness to study the songs yourself at home (with an online learning file) – about 30 minutes per week
- Motivation to advance as a singer
- Commitment to attend more than 80 percent of rehearsals
- Team spirit & sense of community