V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir
V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir
You already have choir and singing experience and are looking for a group of like-minded people who are just as interested in really good “vocal pop” as you are? The whole thing on an advanced level and with a lot of possibilities to let off steam in singing – from big concerts with professional light & sound technology, to flash mobs up to singing weeks & ensemble projects… And not to forget – besides all the good music the community should not miss out either?
Then our “V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir” is perfect for you!
The V.O.I.C.E – Pop Choir is our biggest choir with currently about 100 singers who are working on their vocal pop arts at an advanced level. Groove and fun are definitely very important here – although a certain amount of personal commitment is also required.
We have the following activities planned for the winter semester 2020/21:
- Choir weekend Sept. 2020
- „BALCANTO“ – Opening of the “VOICEMANIA” a capella festival on Nov 6th, 2020
- V.O.I.C.E Christmas concert on Dec 5th, 2020 in the LORELY-SAAL
Auditions / Dates
The registration for the winter semester 2020/21 is open!
An audition is necessary to participate in the Pop Choir. The following audition dates are available:
- 28.9.2020, 6-7 pm
- 12.10.2020, 6-7 pm
All auditions will be held in the “Chorsaal” on the 2nd floor of the Musikgymnasium Wien (Neustiftgasse 95-99, 1070 Wien).
Once you apply, you will receive an automatic E-Mail, confirming your application. In September 2020, you will receive your respective rehearsal schedules and further information regarding your audition. We’re looking forward to seeing you!
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, please read our Corona FAQs before attending any of our rehearsals!
First rehearsal: 12.10.2020, 7 pm
Direction: Mag. Karin Wagner
Rehearsals: Mon, 19:00 hrs
Location: Festsaal, Musikgymasium Wien 2nd floor, Neustiftgasse 95-99, 1070 Vienna
Places available from October 2020: approx. 1x soprano; 1x alto; 3x tenor; 3x bass
What we offer you:
- Versatile Pop & Jazz-Repertoire – self-made songs & arrangements, some cooperations with well-respected bands and artists
- Constitutive work with a consistent group
- Production of music videos
- Professional sound and video recording
- Concerts with professional staging, sound- and light engineering
- Performances and visits of national and international festivals
- Reduced prices for our workshops
- Community & platform for vocal Pop& Jazz in every possible way
Prerequisites for attending:
- Experience as a singer – it does not matter whether you’ve been in a choir, an ensemble, a band or have sung solo
- Willingness to study the songs yourself at home (with an online learning file) – about 30 minutes per week
- Motivation to advance as a singer
- Commitment to attend more than 80 percent of rehearsals
- Team spirit & sense of community