V.O.I.C.E – Pop Plus
V.O.I.C.E POP PLUS Course
For all our members who “want more”…
- You are singing in the POP Choir or POP International Choir and you are still looking for a little bit more input in a smaller group?
- You want to develop yourself faster in singing and music and try out what it’s like to work artistically on a professional level?
- Are you looking for the challenge in more demanding arrangements and are you willing to study them yourself and then work on them at an advanced level according to the motto “dig deeper”?
Then this additional module is perfect for you!
Auditions / Dates
The registration for the summer semester of 2020 is open!
- Mo, 24.02.2020 (21:00-22:00)
- We, 26.02.2020 (18:00-19:30)
- Mo, 09.03.2020 (18:00-19:00)
First rehearsal: Mo, 02.03.2020 (21:00)
Application deadline: 8th March 2020
Prepare a pop- or jazzsong. You can choose your accompaniment: a-Capella, with piano (bring a leadsheet with chords) or karaoke (to play on available Bluetooth speaker). Register to the audition- we’re excited to meet you!
Direction: Mag. Karin Wagner
Rehearsals: Mondays 9 – 10 pm
Group size: approx. 40 – 45 singers* inside
What this course offers you:
• Study of about three challenging arrangements per semester according to the motto "dig deeper" - focus on a cappella + vocal percussion
• Building work with the goal to develop you not only chorically but also as an individual*n singer*in the long term
• Insight into professional working with limited group size (i.e. also an insight into the working methods of the Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir)
• Performances with this group at our concerts, flashmobs, etc.
• Various exercises and video instructions in the areas of sound, intonation, rhythm & groove
• Access to all group voice training units of the Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir with our voice trainer René
Prerequisites for attending:
• You sing either in the V.O.I.C.E - POP Choir or in the POP International Choir
• Willingness to study the songs yourself (learning voices are provided)
• Commitment to be present at > 80% of samples
• Team spirit & sense of community
• Readiness to invest approx. 1 hour per week at home (learn voices, listen to recordings, try out sounds & timbres, do exercises, etc.)