V.O.I.C.E – Pop Plus
V.O.I.C.E POP PLUS Course
For all our members who “want more”…
- You are singing in the POP Choir or POP International Choir and you are still looking for a little bit more input in a smaller group?
- You want to develop yourself faster in singing and music and try out what it’s like to work artistically on a professional level?
- Are you looking for the challenge in more demanding arrangements and are you willing to study them yourself and then work on them at an advanced level according to the motto “dig deeper”?
Then this additional module is perfect for you!
We take care to comply with security measures regarding the corona virus during our concerts and rehearsals. The “3G” rule applies at all our rehearsals.
We have the following activities planned in the winter semester 2022:
- An innovative concept, so that virtual rehearsals are fun as well.
- V.O.I.C.E winter concert on the 11th of December 2021 in the LORELY-SAAL – Should the concert not take place due to corona restrictions, an alternate project such as a flash mob or a recording project/music video will take place.
- The repertoire will be a colorful mix of winter pop hits.
- There will be regular projects such as professional recordings.
Auditions / Dates
You can now apply for the winter semester 2021/22. The application period ends on the 17. October 2021. When applying, pick an audition slot and prepare a song of your choice. Whether you sing the song a-cappella or accompanied by an instrument (there will be a piano on site) or a karaoke-version of a song (phone/bluetooth box) is up to you. Afterwards, we will do two vocal exercises and decide together, which register you will be assigned to (soprano 1-2, alto 1-2, tenor 1-2, bass 1-2). You can find a presentation on the audition procedure in this video as well as on Soundcloud.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
Direction: Mag. Karin Wagner
Rehearsals: Monday 9 pm – 10 pm
Location: Musikgymnasium Wien, Neustiftgasse 95-99, 1070 Vienna
Group size: approx. 40 – 45 singers* inside
Free spots: 2x soprano, 2x alto, male singers
What this course offers you:
• Study of about three challenging arrangements per semester according to the motto "dig deeper" - focus on a cappella + vocal percussion
• Building work with the goal to develop you not only chorically but also as an individual*n singer*in the long term
• Insight into professional working with limited group size (i.e. also an insight into the working methods of the Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir)
• Performances with this group at our concerts, flashmobs, etc.
• Various exercises and video instructions in the areas of sound, intonation, rhythm & groove
• Access to all group voice training units of the Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir with our voice trainer René
Prerequisites for attending:
• You sing either in the V.O.I.C.E - POP Choir or in the POP International Choir
• Willingness to study the songs yourself (learning voices are provided)
• Commitment to be present at > 80% of samples
• Team spirit & sense of community
• Readiness to invest approx. 1 hour per week at home (learn voices, listen to recordings, try out sounds & timbres, do exercises, etc.)