Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir
Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir
This choir is for singers who want to make music at the highest stage. Our goal is to perform high-quality arrangements and songs with beatboxing/vocal percussion and to become established nationally and internationally. Vienna Pop & Jazz Choir performs at various vocal festivals and is eager to regularly work with other well-respected choirs in this genre. In this way, the singers of this choir have the chance to travel together, to advance musically, to connect with other choirs and artists and to have fun and create a community which respects each other. This choir is a choir out of the ordinary!
It is our vision to regularly produce our own songs and to constantly expand our musical spectrum with new facets. This includes working with artists and bands of different styles as well as writing our own songs and arrangements. In short: Choir “out of the box”!
The following semester will bring awesome projects and concerts:
- Final of the choir competition „Cup der Chöre“ – January 2020
- Charityprojekt (Songrecording)
- V.O.I.C.E Summer Concerts
- World Choir Games, Belgium
Auditions / Dates
The registration for the summer semester of 2020 is open!
- Mo, 24.02.2020 (18:00-19:00)
- We, 26.02.2020 (18:00-19:30)
First rehearsal: Mo, 26.02.2020 (19:00)
Application deadline: 8th March 2020
Prepare a pop- or jazzsong. You can choose your accompaniment: a-Capella, with piano (bring a leadsheet with chords) or karaoke (to play on available Bluetooth speaker). Register to the audition- we’re excited to meet you!
Conductor: Mag. Karin Wagner
Rehearsals: Wednesday, 7 pm
Free spots March 2020: 2x Tenors; 1x (Low) Bass
What we offer you:
- Versatile Pop & Jazz-Repertoire – self-made songs & arrangements, high-quality a-Cappella covers,…
- Focus on a-Cappella performances + vocal percussion
- Constitutive work with a consistent group – limited choirspots!
- Production of music videos
- Professional sound and video recording
- Concerts with professional staging, sound- and light engineering
- Cooperations with national and international well-respected artists and bands
- Concert trips to other countries
- Performances and visits of national and international festivals
- Reduced prices for our Workshops
- Community & platform for vocal Pop& Jazz in every possible way
Prerequisites for attending:
- Experience as a singer – it does not matter whether you’ve been in a choir, an ensemble, a band or have sung solo
- Willingness to study the songs yourself at home (with an online learning file)
- Motivation to advance as a singer and to participate in different workshops (Improvisation, Vocal percussion, Rhythm & Groove,…)
- Commitment to attend more than 80 percent of rehearsals
- Team spirit & sense of community
- Willingness to attend at 1-2 concert trips of several days‘ duration per year
- To put 2-3 hours of time into studying at home (learning notes, listening to recordings, trying out different sounds and timbre, doing exercises, …)